Sticking to a good exercise program while traveling in an RV is very attainable. The challenge for many travelers is making a regular workout a priority when many times your location can change on a daily basis. One of the many things people like about traveling, is getting outside, and not staying cooped up indoors. At Stonebridge RV Park in Sweeny, Texas, guests have plenty of room for exercise. Travelers tend to apply the same thought to exercising while on the road. Who wants to be inside a gym when there is so much outdoor space to explore?
When it comes to working out, there are as many fitness experts handing out advice as there are DVDs, magazines and other resources offering up exercise routines and so much more. A favorite standout in the niche of working out while traveling is Steve Kamb who founded Nerd Fitness. Steve’s exercise routines are made for everyone, no matter if you are a beginner or life-time exerciser. One of the most amazing motivational pieces we’ve come across about working out while on the road, is Steve’s Basic Workout You Can Do Anywhere that we found while reading through Nomadic Matt’s traveling blog about staying in shape.
Kamb focuses on basic strength training that works out your muscles, joints & tendons each time. Take a few minutes and watch the video he provides in his travel work-out plan. This workout targets every muscle with just a few moves that help you get stronger and stay healthy. Find a park or a playground where you have enough space on the ground to do your squats, push-ups and something to hand from for your pull-ups (don’t worry if you can’t do pull-ups, he gives you the option to throw in anything you can use to do rows instead).
Here is Matt’s exercise starter kit:
- 3 sets of 10 body weight squats
- 3 sets of 10 push-ups
- 3 sets of 10 lunges
- 3 sets of 10 crunches
- 3 sets of 10 backpack lifts
That’s it. Do this routine 2-4 times weekly and you are bound to feel a difference in your energy level. While you’re traveling, you’re probably already doing some hiking, walking tours, biking or other fitness activities that make staying healthy much more fun…keep it up!
The great thing about Steve’s basic exercise routine, is you can truly do it wherever you are…even inside a trailer or motorhome if it’s raining! Check-out the floor plan of this beauty that’s for rent through Easy RV and visualize yourself getting your workout on!
You’ve made the exciting decision to rent an RV, so now what?!! You’re about to join millions of others who are stepping away from the traditional hotel and houses to embark on accommodations that are way more fun and more adventurous. There are many reasons for renting an RV, the most popular…a family vacation. These tips will get you off to a great start for creating memories that will last a lifetime.
- Have a destination in mind. Explore any restrictions that may be in place. Reserve a rental site with full hook-ups (fresh water, electricity, and sewer). Without hook-ups, you’ll be operating off the grid , and unless you’re an experienced RVer, it’s not advised.
- Plan your route, including stops for fuel.
- Book your rental well in advance so you can find the perfect RV that fits your wants and needs.
- Create a checklist and get answers directly from the owner (What are the cancellation & refund policies when renting? What is required to tow a trailer? Can the awning be used? Can our pet come along? What are the pick-up and return times? Are kitchen items and bedding included? Is there a generator? Is there A/C and/or heating? What happens if something breaks down?)
- Ensure you, or the owner, has reliable RV rental insurance.
- Take time with the owner to learn all features, systems and operations of the RV, internal and external.
- Know all the fees involved (mileage fee, generator fee, dumping fee, cleaning fee, pet fee, etc.) and don’t hesitate to bargain for unlimited mileage or free generator use. Do keep in mind, owners have many expenses to upkeep their RVs.
- Last, and most important, take your time, vow to laugh, relax, and enjoy your adventure!
Here are a couple other of our fave sites for helpful tips:
Do you have an RV rental story to tell? Share it here!
- Stonebridge RV Park
- Extended Stay RV Park
- RV Parking
- RV lifestyle
- RV vacation
- RV Rental
- Kids and Camping
- Family vacation
- RV Park
- exercise routines
- exercise while traveling
- rv gadgets
- rv connections
- full hook-ups
- travel trailer
- pop-up camper
- RV life
- long term
- WiFi tips
- extender antenna